This is a long overdue post (it’s almost March already) but I feel the need to share how great and AMAZING our God truly is by sharing the things He has done for me in the past year. Obviously, His blessings were more than 12 but if i enumerate everything, i may not have enough time and space (and breath) to recount everything. God has truly and utterly
12. BLOGGING AGAIN. So i started with this because for those who know me, blogging (or writing) has been one of my passions that I can’t seem to be consistent in doing. I always have the desire, the will, even the topic to write but my time is always crazy so I couldn’t get down to it. Last 2012, surprisingly, I had more time in my hands and MORE TOPICS to write about which
11. TRAVELS. Being independent, the one thing i was unable to do since I started living on my own is travel. With all the bills I need to prioritize, time at work not permitting me to do so, I had to content myself with just reading and experiencing these places via the Internet, “it’s just not feasible right now”, i would tell myself. But God is our Great Provider and provide for these travels is what He did. With limited resources (based on my human capabilities), I was able to visit Ilocos, Pampanga, South Cotabato, Zambales and Laguna spending almost nothing!
Resort in Ilocos.
Church in Pampanga.
Seeing how magnificent and breathtaking these creations were is a true manifestation that our Creator is a true artist for who else can paint the sunset like that?
10. NEW PAD. The place I used to live in Mandaluyong City was full of memories. It was where my mum passed away, where I first learned to live on my own when my brother got married, where my former dog Kobe passed away so it was a bit refreshing to finally move in Kapitolyo, Pasig. Aside from the fact that it was more cozy and quiet (it’s like a village, by the way), more accessible and no drunkards on the streets, screaming their hearts out through the videoke machine, it’s also a place choc-full of hole-in-the-wall restaurants that are walking distance from my new place.
9. PLAYING COMPETITIVE FOOTBALL AGAIN. I have been playing football since I was 14 and it was the one thing that I find it very difficult to get out of my system. Well, aside from coffee, that is. Helping out with my boyfriend’s team during their stint in the UFL Cup two years ago, brought the long-buried desire to play football competitively again. Thanks to a few of my former teammates from UPWFT, Perx FC was born and with just a few months of training, our team bagged the Championships in the Loyola Invitationals Cup this 2012.
8. MY BEST FRIEND’S ADVOCACY. Knowing my best friend for half of my life now, it was not known to many that she was suffering from Alopecia Areata (loss of hair) and that she has been carrying this for almost all her life. Last Sept 25, she decided to shave off her remaining hair for her Alopecia Areata Awareness campaign to show everyone that real beauty isn’t just in the outside. For more information on this advocacy, kindly visit their Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AlopeciaAreataAwarenessRocks?fref=ts
7. RAFA THE DOG. Rafa is another blessing from God and this time He used my bestfriend, Abby to send it my way. They were moving houses already and they couldn’t keep another dog with them, especially since Rafa’s mom, Tammy just passed away then due to a flea-infestation and I was her first choice to give him away to! And he wasn’t the first dog I got from Abby by the way. Rafa’s older brother, Kobe was the first dog gift of Abby from waaaay back but he died 2006 and i was not able to replace him then. Not until now.
6. NEW JOB. Being in Recruitment for more than 6 years already, I wouldn’t have survived this crazy and competitive industry if it weren’t for God’s grace and mercy. Moving to another company is always painful since you’d be leaving friends behind and that was true when I left Searchlight Inc. But the opportunity God gave me in Magellan Solutions was something I have been praying for in a long time and as much as it’s scary to be handling a team that’s more than what i’m used to, I know I have Jesus’ perfect example of leadership to look up to.
5. GOOD HEALTH. God is the ULTIMATE HEALER. How do I know? Cause I haven’t had any attack of my Aplastic Anemia since 2011 and this was after the doctor told me then that I may have to stop working already because the stress is affecting my blood cells production. But here I am, already 2013 and I am still alive and (literally) kicking. If it weren’t for His healing power and restoration, you wouldn’t be reading this blog.
4. FRUITFUL AND DEEPER RELATIONSHIPS WITH MY FRIENDS. My friends are my second family – sounding board, adventure-mates, “kakulitan”, eating buddies, sisters and brothers for life.
3. START OF MORE TIME WITH MY FAMILY. I used to be the outcast in our family because my brother and cousins always say that I’m a spoiled brat and a tell-all. But ever since God has shown me what a true family is like – accepting everyone in spite of their flaws and imperfections, Him showing me that I can’t do it alone, that I have to treasure and reach out to them regardless if I feel like it because they’re family – I have now a newfound appreciation and love for these people I grew up with and will not trade them for anything ever.
2. VICTORY WEEKEND FOR JAY. God works in unexpected ways, truly. I never thought I’d see my best friend, Jay attend Victory Weekend EVER. Sure, I prayed for him to get to know God and start attending Church but to be honest, I never really thought he’d take it seriously basing it from how he was when I got to know him at first. But as it is, God has a different plan for him and it wasn’t an accident that he liked and started to attend regularly the church services, God was calling Jay back to Him!
1. AND… I GOT ENGAGED TO THE MOST AMAZING MAN. Jay being a Christian was just the beginning of God answering my prayers. 2012 was also the year He gave me the man I will plan to live my life with forever. I can still remember including that in my 2012 Prayer and Fasting Points, for God to bring our relationship to the next level, and He sure did!